Thursday, September 27, 2012

I'm Hard to Love, Hard to Love, No I Don't Make it Easy

Hard to Love

Lee Brice

     'Hard to Love' by Lee Brice is a song that I used to hate. Every time it would come on the radio I would change it immediately, because I don't really like a lot of his music. I loved his first single, 'Love Like Crazy' which I will most likely do a blog post on that song in the near future. The single he released after that, 'A Woman Like You' was not one of my favorites. I hate that song, I think it's pretty annoying in my opinion. His latest song though has kind of grown on me. Now when this song comes on the radio I actually listen to it instead of turning it to another channel. The reason I listened to this song in the first place was because it was on a radio station in the car one day, and I instantly changed it to another country station, and this song was on that station too, so I was pretty much forced to listen to it. After I listened to it all the way through, I couldn't get it out of my head, I kept singing it, and then I realized that the song was pretty catchy and I actually liked it once I gave it a chance, or rather once I was forced to give it a chance.

      I'm not a huge fan of Lee Brice, but apparently a lot of other people out there are. Lee Brice emerged into the country scene not too long ago, releasing his first hit single, 'Love Like Crazy' which was a pretty inspirational song about a man rising up from nothing to selling computers and becoming rich and it is kind of a success story, which is a really meaningful song. His next single he released was 'A Woman Like You' which was a little more corny, in my opinion. This song describes how he is, obviously, 'hard to love'. The first line of this song is 'I am insensitive, I have a tendency to pay more attention to the things that I need. Sometimes I drink too much, sometimes I test your trust, sometimes I don't know why you're staying with me'. One of my favorite lines throughout the song is, 'girl you've given me a million second chances and I don't ever wanna take you for granted'. These lyrics really probe that he does care but he is hard to stay with and he doesn't want that to come between them, and I think that like is really sweet. The chorus of this song is really catchy, 'I'm hard to love, hard to love, no I don't make it easy, I couldn't do it if I stood where you stood', really proves that he appreciates what his love interest is putting up with through the relationship and I think that is a really good line in the song also. Overall, I really like this song from Lee Brice, and it really grew on me, but as far as I'm concerned, Lee Brice is a hit or miss with me music wise.

"Hard to Love" Lyrics

I am insensitive I have a tendency
To pay more attention to the things that
I need. Sometimes I drink to much, 
sometimes I test your trust, sometimes I dunno
Why you're staying with me

I'm hard to love, hard to love,
I don't make it easy, I couldn't do it if I
Stood where you stood
I'm hard to love, hard to love,
You say that you need me, I don't deserve
It but I love that you love me. goood

I am a short fuse,
I am a wrecking ball crashing into
your heart like I do
You're like a Sunday morning
Full of grace and full of Jesus
I wish that I could be more like you.

I'm hard to love, hard to love, 
I don't make it easy, I couldn't do it if I
Stood where you stood,
I'm hard to love, hard to love,
You say that you need me, I don't deserve
It but I love that you love me. Goood
Love me good

Girl you've given me a million
second chances and I don't ever wanna take
You for granted, I'm just a man, I'm just a man

Hard to love, hard to love, 
Oh I don't make it easy and
I couldn't do it if I stood where you stood.
I'm hard to love, hard to love 
and you say that you need me, I don't
Deserve it but I love that you love me
Good. (x2)

You love me good.

Hard to Love Music Video



No comments:

Post a Comment